Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Amazing PC, but outdated soon-to-be-out-of-date Technology

In todays retail PC market, I found only the following 3 PCs have the highest spec, and cost a bomb to buy. But why is it outdated? Exteriorly, I believe it can last for a few years, and you can self proclaim to own a highend PC. But these are only PC for 2007.

We are moving into a different PC era. Year 2008 promises to deliver several new technology for PC. USB3.0 announced back in September will overtake current USB2.0 at the rate of 10x. Then the recent announced Firewire 3200 that will boost from IEEE1394b 800mbps to 3.2gbps. Other than that, graphic card adaptor should move from convensional VGA and DVI to HDMI. Last but not least, wifi connection IEEE 802.11n will be certified. These 4 technologies enough to make any PC you bought this year out-of-date.

Dell XPS 720H2C

Alienware Area 51 ALX

HP Blackbird 002 LCi

That left me with some consideration of how much should I spend for my HTPC configuration next year. Perhaps I should just save up for future.

No comments: